Candidates and date of Cranham by-election announced
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Candidates for the Cranham by-election to replace former councillor Clarence Barrett who passed away last month, have now been announced.
Councillor Barrett was the leader of the Upminster and Cranham Residents’ Group and had been a councillor for 12 years, after being voted in in 2006.
He was also cabinet member for finance in the previous administration between 2014 and 2018.
The poll is set to take place on Thursday, May 9, and the deadline for voter registration is Thursday (April 18).
Deadline for postal vote applications is 5pm on Tuesday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
The candidates include:
Ben Albert John Buckland - UKIP Make Brexit Happen candidate
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 9 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
Peter Caton - Green Part candidate
Thomas Patrick Clarke - Liberal Democrat
Adam Ed Curtis - Labour Party
Ben Christopher Sewell - The Conservative Party Candidate
Linda Joy Van den Hende - Upminster and Cranham Residents Association.