Candidates and date of Cranham by-election announced
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Candidates for the Cranham by-election to replace former councillor Clarence Barrett who passed away last month, have now been announced.
Councillor Barrett was the leader of the Upminster and Cranham Residents’ Group and had been a councillor for 12 years, after being voted in in 2006.
He was also cabinet member for finance in the previous administration between 2014 and 2018.
The poll is set to take place on Thursday, May 9, and the deadline for voter registration is Thursday (April 18).
Deadline for postal vote applications is 5pm on Tuesday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
The candidates include:
Ben Albert John Buckland - UKIP Make Brexit Happen candidate
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 6 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 7 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 8 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 9 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
Peter Caton - Green Part candidate
Thomas Patrick Clarke - Liberal Democrat
Adam Ed Curtis - Labour Party
Ben Christopher Sewell - The Conservative Party Candidate
Linda Joy Van den Hende - Upminster and Cranham Residents Association.