Candidates and date of Cranham by-election announced
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Candidates for the Cranham by-election to replace former councillor Clarence Barrett who passed away last month, have now been announced.
Councillor Barrett was the leader of the Upminster and Cranham Residents’ Group and had been a councillor for 12 years, after being voted in in 2006.
He was also cabinet member for finance in the previous administration between 2014 and 2018.
The poll is set to take place on Thursday, May 9, and the deadline for voter registration is Thursday (April 18).
Deadline for postal vote applications is 5pm on Tuesday, April 23.
You may also want to watch:
The candidates include:
Ben Albert John Buckland - UKIP Make Brexit Happen candidate
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 5 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years
Peter Caton - Green Part candidate
Thomas Patrick Clarke - Liberal Democrat
Adam Ed Curtis - Labour Party
Ben Christopher Sewell - The Conservative Party Candidate
Linda Joy Van den Hende - Upminster and Cranham Residents Association.