Dame Angela Watkinson MP urges Havering residents to vote remain
- Credit: Archant
The Recorder has invited MPs to put forward their final arguments before Havering heads to the polls tomorrow to cast their votes in the EU referendum.
Hornchurch and Upminster’s MP Angela Watkinson supports remaining within the EU.
She said: “The benefits far outweigh the costs of EU membership.
“If we leave, we will have to negotiate new trading terms, after the 2 year withdrawal period – we don’t know how long that would take or what deal we might get.
“Inward investment would dry up and international confidence in our economy would be lost in this period of uncertainty, risking jobs, mortgage rates, fuel and other prices.
You may also want to watch:
“Ending the free movement of people would mean losing access to the single market.
“We can’t go forward to the past. Not one Commonwealth country, from India to Tuvalu, wants us to leave. We are stronger, safer and better off in the EU.”
- 1 Watch police break up 20-person Hornchurch baby shower
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 5 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 6 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 7 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 8 Hornchurch Athletic captain excited by league switch and a new sponsorship deal
- 9 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back