Dame Angela Watkinson MP urges Havering residents to vote remain
- Credit: Archant
The Recorder has invited MPs to put forward their final arguments before Havering heads to the polls tomorrow to cast their votes in the EU referendum.
Hornchurch and Upminster’s MP Angela Watkinson supports remaining within the EU.
She said: “The benefits far outweigh the costs of EU membership.
“If we leave, we will have to negotiate new trading terms, after the 2 year withdrawal period – we don’t know how long that would take or what deal we might get.
“Inward investment would dry up and international confidence in our economy would be lost in this period of uncertainty, risking jobs, mortgage rates, fuel and other prices.
You may also want to watch:
“Ending the free movement of people would mean losing access to the single market.
“We can’t go forward to the past. Not one Commonwealth country, from India to Tuvalu, wants us to leave. We are stronger, safer and better off in the EU.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 6 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals