Deadline approaching on a trio of grants available to Havering businesses
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
The closing date is approaching on a number of grants available to Havering businesses.
This is open to businesses with 10 employees or fewer and aims to help with adapting to and recovering from Covid-19.
Following a first-round distribution of £500,000 in March, applications for this grant - with a maximum award of £20,000 or 80 per cent of an eligible project cost - can be sent until Friday.
Businesses have slightly longer - until 5pm on Monday, May 24 - to apply for the Special Sector Open Business Grant.
This pot is for independent car repair businesses, hotels, bed and breakfast establishments and travel agents.
The maximum award is £7,000.
Applications for the Havering Taxi (Black Cab) Drivers Grant must be in by 5pm on Friday, May 28.
You may also want to watch:
Up to £6,000 is available for officially licensed London taxicab drivers living in the borough who missed the cut-off date for earlier schemes.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 7 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 8 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 9 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 10 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds