Deadline approaching on a trio of grants available to Havering businesses
- Credit: Ellie Hoskins
The closing date is approaching on a number of grants available to Havering businesses.
This is open to businesses with 10 employees or fewer and aims to help with adapting to and recovering from Covid-19.
Following a first-round distribution of £500,000 in March, applications for this grant - with a maximum award of £20,000 or 80 per cent of an eligible project cost - can be sent until Friday.
Businesses have slightly longer - until 5pm on Monday, May 24 - to apply for the Special Sector Open Business Grant.
This pot is for independent car repair businesses, hotels, bed and breakfast establishments and travel agents.
The maximum award is £7,000.
Applications for the Havering Taxi (Black Cab) Drivers Grant must be in by 5pm on Friday, May 28.
You may also want to watch:
Up to £6,000 is available for officially licensed London taxicab drivers living in the borough who missed the cut-off date for earlier schemes.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 9 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer