Campaigners take protest over Dagnam Park solar park plans to Havering town hall
- Credit: Archant
Campaigners opposing plans to build a solar park on land next to a nature reserve will hold a protest before presenting a petition to councillors tonight (Wednesday).
It follows allegations that a Havering Council officer who deals with objections wrote anonymously on a public forum championing proposals.
The council wants to build solar parks in Gerpins Lane, Corbets Tey, Upminster and land adjacent to Dagnam Park, Harold Hill, but residents and charities have raised concerns about the effect on wildlife. Last week the authority confirmed it was investigating claims an officer made comments about the plans online using an alias.
Administrators for the Havering Forum noticed a user called “Rastaozzie” was linked to an email account they believe belongs to an officer who deals with objections.
A council spokeswoman said: “We are aware of the allegations. The matter is under internal investigation and we are unable to comment further.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Lawrence Webb (Ukip) will also put forward a motion at tonight’s full council meeting at Havering Town Hall calling for the council to conduct a poll before deciding whether to introduce the solar parks.
And Cllr Denis O’Flynn (Labour) will ask when environmental impact and deer impact assessments will be available in relation to the proposal for Dagnam Park.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 3 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 4 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 5 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 6 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 7 Netball club in 4,700 mile fundraising challenge to buy tablet for school or care home
- 8 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 9 Sunflower Suite at Queen's Hospital chosen for this year's Christine Willett Trust donation
- 10 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
See the Recorder for a report from tonight’s meeting.