Appeal: Get in touch about homeless hostels and B&Bs in Havering
- Credit: Archant
The Recorder would like to hear from people living in temporary accommodation in Havering – such as hostels or bed and breakfasts.
Government figures show the number of families without a permanent home in the borough is on the rise.
This is against a backdrop of rocketing private sector rents and a burgeoning housing crisis in the capital.
Research shows that more and more families are struggling to find a stable home and are being forced to live for long periods of time in small hostel rooms.
But councils have a duty to house people and often there is simply nowhere else to place them due to a lack of affordable homes.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a story to tell? What are conditions like in hostels and B&Bs? Have you lived there for months or years?
* Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle in confidence on 020 7433 0122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 9 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 10 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions