Appeal: Get in touch about homeless hostels and B&Bs in Havering
- Credit: Archant
The Recorder would like to hear from people living in temporary accommodation in Havering – such as hostels or bed and breakfasts.
Government figures show the number of families without a permanent home in the borough is on the rise.
This is against a backdrop of rocketing private sector rents and a burgeoning housing crisis in the capital.
Research shows that more and more families are struggling to find a stable home and are being forced to live for long periods of time in small hostel rooms.
But councils have a duty to house people and often there is simply nowhere else to place them due to a lack of affordable homes.
You may also want to watch:
Do you have a story to tell? What are conditions like in hostels and B&Bs? Have you lived there for months or years?
* Contact investigations journalist Emma Youle in confidence on 020 7433 0122 or email@example.com
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 7 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus