Little Jonjo is walking for Bobby Moore and his nan!
Eight-year-old West Ham fan Jonjo Heuerman is planning to walk from Wembley to Upton Park to raise funds for the Bobby Moore Fund
AN eight-year-old Hammers fan is aiming to raise �10,000 for the Bobby Moore Fund on the anniversary of the football legend’s death from bowel cancer 17 years ago.
West Ham supporter Jonjo Heuerman plans to walk 23 miles, split over three days, from the centre circle at Wembley Stadium to the Boleyn Ground in February next year.
Joined by his parents Donna and Gary, Jonjo will leave Wembley on February 24 and is due to arrive at the Upton Park centre circle on February 26, before West Ham kick off against Liverpool.
He will also lay a wreath at the statue dedicated to the former West Ham and England World Cup-winning captain.
You may also want to watch:
Jonjo said: “I am very excited and I want to raise lots of money for the Bobby Moore Fund. I need to do it over three days because it’s a long way and I am only eight!”
He was inspired to complete the walk after his sister, Megan, 14, raised �9,500 in memory of their grandmother, who died from bowel cancer in February last year, eight days before the anniversary of Bobby Moore’s death from the same illness on February 24, 1993.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
Jonjo’s mum said: “The response has been amazing and we are really proud of what he is trying to achieve.
“They were both very close to their nan and this is a great cause they are raising money for. It just happens to have fallen on the anniversary of Bobby’s death and is attracting a lot of attention. We will pass Bobby’s childhood home on the walk.”
Jonjo is planning other fundraisers, including a charity disco on Saturday, at the Alexander Suite, Swanley Banqueting Rooms, Swanley.
Admission is by making a donation on www.justgiving.com/fornannyandbobby. It costs �5 for adults and �3 for under-16s.