Lingerie to guarantee pulses are racing on Valentine’s night.
- Credit: PA
Whether you’re feeling sweet or sultry on February 14, lingerie can cater to your every mood.
“Every woman wants to feel great about herself and the right lingerie can do just that,” says Amanda Lorenzani, co-founder of Fox & Rose lingerie.
“Fifty Shades Of Grey has certainly generated demand for more adventurous lingerie sets, but the line between sexy and sordid is very fine.”
Time to find your perfect match.
Make a statement in the bedroom with a dark, dominating look. If you like one colour, stick to seductive classic black, or try a big cat print if you’re feeling wild.
A sheer, embroidered mesh will keep things more subtle than a padded bra if you favour patterns.
- 1 Campion pupil Thorne chasing Commonwealth Games glory
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Upminster fire: 80 firefighters tackle grassland blaze as warm weather continues
- 4 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 5 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 6 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 7 Solution to blaze hotspot in Rainham may take 'some time' to find, residents warned
- 8 Get your fill of tacos, burritos and more as Taco Bell announces opening date for new Hornchurch restaurant
- 9 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 10 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
Lace is the fabric that’s made for a seductress. If you feel too exposed, try a demi cup bra that’s half sumptuous silk and offset with sultry lace.
Feminine florals are in full bloom for spring so transfer the catwalk trend to your lingerie drawer.
Think English rose or Japanese cherry blossom rather than tropical blooms for guaranteed elegance.
Offset cuteness overload by opting for seductive shapes or a surprise colourway, such as grey or blue accented with a contrasting floral embroidery.
For the ultimate in girliness, try silk lingerie in pretty pastel or nude hues. Get the fit and cut just right and the simplicity will be breathtaking.
Embrace the glamour of past eras with vintage-inspired styling. French-style high-waisted knickers and corset-inspired bras will accentuate your assets, without losing the sexy factor.
For something daintier, look for demure, soft pieces that lack obviousness in ethereal tones. Ornate embroidery and delicate straps are the details to covet.
If skimpy sets aren’t your thing, cover up in a slinky kimono wrap or chemise set and let his imagination run riot as to what lies beneath.
Pull out all the stops with plunging necklines, racy cuts and bold colours.
To channel your inner vixen, you can’t beat lipstick red. Just make sure it’s a tone that suits your colouring to achieve a flattering effect.
For the ultimate in underwear indulgence, kit yourself out with a matching set consisting of bra, thong and suspenders to get pulses racing.
Cutaway and peekaboo lines are made to shock. They may be relatively understated from one side but rather more revealing on the reverse.
Buying lingerie as a gift can be a logistical nightmare for guys, but not if you do your homework.
“For many men, lingerie is a confusing and intimidating world, but it’s crucial they make the right choices if they want smiles rather than slaps on Valentine’s Day!” Fox & Rose’s Amanda Lorenzani says.