Leyton Orient sack jailed defender
Orient have moved swiftly to terminate the contract of Elliot Omuzusi
Leyton Orient have sacked defender Elliot Omozusi following his conviction for witness revenge and jail sentence of two-and-a-half years.
The 22-year-old, exposed as a Hackney gang member, was found guilty at Snaresbrook Crown Court last Friday and the club has now made a statement about his future on their website.
It read: “Following the recent conviction of Elliot Omozusi and subsequent prison sentence of 30 months, the club has reviewed its legal position and terminated the contract of the defender.”
Orient boss Russell Slade spoke of the disappointment felt among the players at Omuzusi’s actions.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s upsetting all round,” he said earlier this week. “The group are disappointed and upset because he was one of us and I like to think that we breed ourselves on team spirit and togetherness.
“But we have lost him now and we are going to have to move on.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’