Lewis lifts Hornchurch, but Romford denied
Hornchurch 2 Harrow 0; Enfield Town 1 Romford 1
Two-goal Lewis Smith got Hornchurch’s Ryman Premier Division play-off push back on track last night.
After seeing their last two games at Bridge Avenue postponed due to floodlight failure and a waterlogged pitch, Urchins enjoyed a 2-0 success over Harrow.
Former Fulham youngster Smith struck both goals to end a three-game winless streak for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, breaking the deadlock on the stroke of half-time, then sealing the points midway through the second half.
Romford looked set to claim a vital win over Division One North play-off rivals Enfield Town, until the hosts snatched a last-minute equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Barry gave Boro – who were beaten 3-0 by Grays and East Thurrock in their two most recent outings, before Saturday’s clash with Waltham Abbey was postponed – a first-half lead at Brimsdown.
And Paul Martin’s men held on to their slender advantage until the 89th minute, when Jordan Lockie claimed a somewhat fortunate leveller for the hosts.
- 1 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 2 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 3 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 4 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 5 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 6 What's happening on the roads and railways next week?
- 7 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 8 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 9 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 10 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus