Lewis lifts Hornchurch, but Romford denied
Hornchurch 2 Harrow 0; Enfield Town 1 Romford 1
Two-goal Lewis Smith got Hornchurch’s Ryman Premier Division play-off push back on track last night.
After seeing their last two games at Bridge Avenue postponed due to floodlight failure and a waterlogged pitch, Urchins enjoyed a 2-0 success over Harrow.
Former Fulham youngster Smith struck both goals to end a three-game winless streak for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, breaking the deadlock on the stroke of half-time, then sealing the points midway through the second half.
Romford looked set to claim a vital win over Division One North play-off rivals Enfield Town, until the hosts snatched a last-minute equaliser.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Barry gave Boro – who were beaten 3-0 by Grays and East Thurrock in their two most recent outings, before Saturday’s clash with Waltham Abbey was postponed – a first-half lead at Brimsdown.
And Paul Martin’s men held on to their slender advantage until the 89th minute, when Jordan Lockie claimed a somewhat fortunate leveller for the hosts.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering