Lewington appeal dismissed
Dagenham & Redbridge have lost their appeal against Chris Lewington’s sending off against Cheltenham on Saturday
Dagenham & Redbridge have lost their appeal against Chris Lewington's red card.
Lewington was sent off for 'denying a goalscoring opportunity' in Saturday's 5-0 defeat to Cheltenham Town when he was adjudged to have caught the ball outside the penalty area.
Daggers subsequently appealed the dismissal, but the original decision has been upheld and Lewington will serve a two game ban for his second sending off of the season.
The 23-year-old will miss the trips to Plymouth Argyle on Saturday and Morecambe on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
With Dave Hogan the only senior goalkeeper left in the squad, manager John Still is likely to dip into the loan market before the weekend.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022