Lewington appeal dismissed
Dagenham & Redbridge have lost their appeal against Chris Lewington’s sending off against Cheltenham on Saturday
Dagenham & Redbridge have lost their appeal against Chris Lewington's red card.
Lewington was sent off for 'denying a goalscoring opportunity' in Saturday's 5-0 defeat to Cheltenham Town when he was adjudged to have caught the ball outside the penalty area.
Daggers subsequently appealed the dismissal, but the original decision has been upheld and Lewington will serve a two game ban for his second sending off of the season.
The 23-year-old will miss the trips to Plymouth Argyle on Saturday and Morecambe on Tuesday.
You may also want to watch:
With Dave Hogan the only senior goalkeeper left in the squad, manager John Still is likely to dip into the loan market before the weekend.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend