Legends of the Hammers return to Upton Park
A host of former West Ham stars were introduced to the fans before Saturday’s game
THERE was plenty of talent on the pitch at Upton Park on Saturday, but sadly for the Hammers, most of it was provided by West Ham stars of the past.
Guests for the clash against Newcastle, nine legendary Hammers were introduced to the crowd before the game, including World Cup winner Martin Peters.
The nine stars entertained guests in the Legends restaurant and bar before and after the game.
So perhaps the only disappointment was the game itself!
You may also want to watch:
STARS OF THE PAST: West Ham legends (pictured l to r): Brian Dear, Alan Stephenson, Dennis Burnett, Eddie Bovington, Martin Peters, John Bond, Ken Brown, Peter Brabrook and Alan Dickie.
Picture by: STEVE BACON.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back