Lee returns to West Ham after ‘enjoyable’ spell with Daggers
Midfielder heads back to Upton Park, but would consider a return to Dagenham in the future
Oliver Lee returned to West Ham United this week after his three-month loan spell at Victoria Road came to an end, but revealed he would gladly play for Daggers again in the future.
The 20-year-old midfielder has missed just one league game all season and chipped in with three goals, including a thumping free-kick at Crawley last week.
Lee featured for the final time in Saturday’s defeat at Bristol Rovers, but has thoroughly enjoyed his experience as part of John Still’s squad and would consider a return should the opportunity arise.
“My loans up now so I’m going back to West Ham, but I’ve really enjoyed my time here,” he said. “I can’t speak highly enough of everyone.
You may also want to watch:
“Ever since I’ve been here the lads have been brilliant, that was the main thing for me. “I’ve just really enjoyed being involved, playing my football and getting out in the real world.
“Its much better than playing in the reserve team, obviously you have to grow up a bit and I’ve really enjoyed my time here.
- 1 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 2 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 3 'I'm terrified': Woman calls on council to move her to new accommodation
- 4 Romford woman arrested on suspicion of illegal money lending
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 7 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 8 Ex-councillor ordered to undo unauthorised green belt building works
- 9 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 10 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
“Hopefully I can push on with West Ham, but we’ll have to wait to see what happens. The lads have been brilliant and I’d be open to it (returning), I’m open to anything.”
Daggers assistant boss Terry Harris added: “Ollie Lee has thoroughly enjoyed his time here. He thinks he is a vastly improved player through coming here.”
Read more from Oliver Lee in Wednesday’s Barking & Dagenham Post