Leanne Quirke can pursue singing dream after winning scholarship at New Vibe Academy, Gallows Corner
- Credit: Archant
A recruitment worker could soon see a career change of her own – after winning six months’ free classes at a Gallows Corner performing arts school.
Leanne Quirke, 23, beat 35 other hopefuls to take the scholarship at New Vibe Academy following a grand final on Saturday.
“My long-term goal is being something that I love for a living,” said the Dagenham resident.
“I wouldn’t have been able to afford the classes – it’s an amazing opportunity for this to come along.
“I lost my cousin Anne-Marie to a brain tumour six years ago, and she’s the reason I sing now – I do it in her memory.
You may also want to watch:
“Winning was a pleasant surprise because I’m quite a nervous person and I’ve never done anything like this before.”
Jessica Clemens, who opened the academy off Bryant Avenue back in October, will now give Leanne training and studio time to help her realise her dream of becoming a professional singer.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority