Lean on me: Romford girl nominated for national best friend award
A young girl who supported her best friend through her father’s tragic death has been nominated for a national award.
Tiffany Fowler, 18, of Romford, nominated dedicated friend Kat Nicolaou, 18, also from Romford, for the Britain’s Best Friend competition after she helped her through her father’s death from cancer.
Tiffany said: “She deserves to win this because of many reasons, but the top reason would really have to be the help and support she gave me when I had to cope with my dad’s battle with cancer.
“She was there for not only me, but my family, by getting a taxi to the hospital when he lost the fight. Kat is one in a million and truly the bestest friend anyone could have.”
Kat is one of 10 friends shortlisted from more than 1,000 entries.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is organised by toy company My Blue Nose Friend and will be judged by street dance duo Twist & Pulse.
Voting closes October 16. To vote, visit: www.britainsbestfriend.com
- 1 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 2 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 3 Harold Hill 18-year-old given suspended sentence for ATM robberies
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 6 'Cheating surge': Dating site reveals how many people are having affairs in your area
- 7 Romford MP slams Crossrail delay as it will miss Queen's platinum jubilee
- 8 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 9 Met Office warns of flooding risk with heavy rain set to hit London
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford