Lean on me: Romford girl nominated for national best friend award
A young girl who supported her best friend through her father’s tragic death has been nominated for a national award.
Tiffany Fowler, 18, of Romford, nominated dedicated friend Kat Nicolaou, 18, also from Romford, for the Britain’s Best Friend competition after she helped her through her father’s death from cancer.
Tiffany said: “She deserves to win this because of many reasons, but the top reason would really have to be the help and support she gave me when I had to cope with my dad’s battle with cancer.
“She was there for not only me, but my family, by getting a taxi to the hospital when he lost the fight. Kat is one in a million and truly the bestest friend anyone could have.”
Kat is one of 10 friends shortlisted from more than 1,000 entries.
You may also want to watch:
The competition is organised by toy company My Blue Nose Friend and will be judged by street dance duo Twist & Pulse.
Voting closes October 16. To vote, visit: www.britainsbestfriend.com
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 3 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’