Leaking roof ruins Harold Hill family’s Christmas
A family’s Christmas plans were left in ruins after a leaking roof forced them to cancel their Christmas plans.
Tina Duffy, of Tennyson Road, Harold Hill, who lives in a Homes in Havering-owned maisonette was preparing to celebrate Christmas when her roof started leaking on December 24.
It took three hours for the leak to be stopped and water leaked into the bathroom and kitchen cupboards.
Tina spent Christmas Day cleaning up the mess instead of taking her two young children to see family, and is still waiting for repairs.
A spokesman for Homes in Havering said: “Our emergency response team located and stopped a leak on Christmas Eve when it was first reported.
You may also want to watch:
“We have arranged for repairs to Miss Duffy’s property as a result of the leak to be completed as soon as possible.”
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 6 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 7 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 10 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row