Leaking roof ruins Harold Hill family’s Christmas
A family’s Christmas plans were left in ruins after a leaking roof forced them to cancel their Christmas plans.
Tina Duffy, of Tennyson Road, Harold Hill, who lives in a Homes in Havering-owned maisonette was preparing to celebrate Christmas when her roof started leaking on December 24.
It took three hours for the leak to be stopped and water leaked into the bathroom and kitchen cupboards.
Tina spent Christmas Day cleaning up the mess instead of taking her two young children to see family, and is still waiting for repairs.
A spokesman for Homes in Havering said: “Our emergency response team located and stopped a leak on Christmas Eve when it was first reported.
You may also want to watch:
“We have arranged for repairs to Miss Duffy’s property as a result of the leak to be completed as soon as possible.”
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel