League One: Southampton v Dagenham & Redbridge preview
Daggers look to upset the odds on the South Coast
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE boss John Still says any points the club can pick up at League One giants Southampton tonight will be a bonus.
The Daggers have not won away all season and now face the in-form Saints, under the guidance of new boss Nigel Adkins, who boast a potent strike force in Lee Barnard and Ricky Lambert.
“It’s a great game, that’s what you do this job for. It’s what players play the game for, it’s fantastic,” said Still.
“They’re games that we can just go and, when it’s all over, say ‘we’ve really enjoyed that’.
You may also want to watch:
“If we get anything there we’ll be delighted so we’ll try and be bold and take the game to the opposing team and see how it goes.
“Those sort of games, like Sheffield Wednesday as well, are one of the reasons it gives me a big plus for this club to be in this division and I’m looking forward to it.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 6 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 7 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 9 Get clued up on road and train disruptions coming to the area
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Danny Green and Peter Gain return from one-game suspensions for the Daggers and both are likely to regain their places in the starting line-up.
For Southampton, who beat Notts County 3-1 at the weekend, Danny Butterfield is likely to miss out with a calf injury.
The fixture has come too quickly for defensive duo Abu Ogogo and Will Antwi however, who will instead feature in a training game tomorrow as a test of their fitness levels.
The game kicks off at 7.45pm. Follow updates from St Mary’s by logging on to www.twitter.com/Post_Daggers