League One: Southampton v Dagenham & Redbridge preview
Daggers look to upset the odds on the South Coast
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE boss John Still says any points the club can pick up at League One giants Southampton tonight will be a bonus.
The Daggers have not won away all season and now face the in-form Saints, under the guidance of new boss Nigel Adkins, who boast a potent strike force in Lee Barnard and Ricky Lambert.
“It’s a great game, that’s what you do this job for. It’s what players play the game for, it’s fantastic,” said Still.
“They’re games that we can just go and, when it’s all over, say ‘we’ve really enjoyed that’.
“If we get anything there we’ll be delighted so we’ll try and be bold and take the game to the opposing team and see how it goes.
“Those sort of games, like Sheffield Wednesday as well, are one of the reasons it gives me a big plus for this club to be in this division and I’m looking forward to it.”
- 1 Hornchurch ranked top place in UK for takeaway fish and chips, study finds
- 2 Several hectares of Rainham grassland destroyed in fire
- 3 Man threatened and robbed of iPhone and bank card at Romford station
- 4 Road closures in place after Romford flat fire
- 5 Appeal to find missing girl, 16, with links to Romford
- 6 Launch events held for businesses targeted at the ‘more mature raver’
- 7 'What about vulnerable people?’: Couple protest parking ticket from Gallows Corner Tesco after alleged ‘double dipping’ issue
- 8 Buckman backs Clarke to make mark with Romford Junior Raiders
- 9 Harold Hill landlord accused of housing tenants in unsafe property
- 10 London among areas where drought is declared
Danny Green and Peter Gain return from one-game suspensions for the Daggers and both are likely to regain their places in the starting line-up.
For Southampton, who beat Notts County 3-1 at the weekend, Danny Butterfield is likely to miss out with a calf injury.
The fixture has come too quickly for defensive duo Abu Ogogo and Will Antwi however, who will instead feature in a training game tomorrow as a test of their fitness levels.
The game kicks off at 7.45pm. Follow updates from St Mary’s by logging on to www.twitter.com/Post_Daggers