League One: Southampton v Dagenham & Redbridge preview
Daggers look to upset the odds on the South Coast
DAGENHAM & REDBRIDGE boss John Still says any points the club can pick up at League One giants Southampton tonight will be a bonus.
The Daggers have not won away all season and now face the in-form Saints, under the guidance of new boss Nigel Adkins, who boast a potent strike force in Lee Barnard and Ricky Lambert.
“It’s a great game, that’s what you do this job for. It’s what players play the game for, it’s fantastic,” said Still.
“They’re games that we can just go and, when it’s all over, say ‘we’ve really enjoyed that’.
You may also want to watch:
“If we get anything there we’ll be delighted so we’ll try and be bold and take the game to the opposing team and see how it goes.
“Those sort of games, like Sheffield Wednesday as well, are one of the reasons it gives me a big plus for this club to be in this division and I’m looking forward to it.”
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 5 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 6 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 7 Harvey, 7, died after electric shock 'flowed through his body', court hears
- 8 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
Danny Green and Peter Gain return from one-game suspensions for the Daggers and both are likely to regain their places in the starting line-up.
For Southampton, who beat Notts County 3-1 at the weekend, Danny Butterfield is likely to miss out with a calf injury.
The fixture has come too quickly for defensive duo Abu Ogogo and Will Antwi however, who will instead feature in a training game tomorrow as a test of their fitness levels.
The game kicks off at 7.45pm. Follow updates from St Mary’s by logging on to www.twitter.com/Post_Daggers