League One: Dagenham & Redbridge v Exeter City preview
McCrory urges Daggers to get back on track against Grecians
Dagenham & Redbridge left back Damien McCrory has urged his team-mates to get back on the winning track at the expense of Exeter City this evening.
The fixture was originally scheduled to take place on August 14, but was postponed following the sad death of Grecians striker Adam Stansfield, who lost his battle against cancer.
While Exeter began the season poorly, they have seen an upturn in fortunes and go into tonight’s game on the back of a four-game unbeaten run, including 3-2 victory in their last away game at Hartlepool United.
Conversely, Daggers have lost their last two games by a three-goal margin and find themselves on the bottom of the League One table.
You may also want to watch:
“All we can do is just rebuild and look forward to Tuesday night,” said McCrory.
“Just make sure we get the three points there and keep everyone relaxed. Hopefully we can get the crowd back on our side again.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
“We need a bit of luck in front of goal. We haven’t been getting any in the last two or three games.
“Chances haven’t been falling to us, they’ve been falling to the other back line and they’ve been clearing it, but hopefully on Tuesday night the luck will be back on our side and we’ll get a win again.”
A victory tonight would see Daggers climb to 17th in the table, but they are still likely to be without injury victims Abu Ogogo and Will Antwi, who are both still recovering from muscle strains.
BEST ODDS: Dagenham & Redbridge 11/8, Draw 12/5, Exeter City 21/10.