League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 4 Brentford 1
Jon Nurse stars as Daggers sting the Bees
Three second half goals capped an inspired performance from Dagenham & Redbridge to increase the pressure on under-fire Brentford boss Andy Scott.
John Still made three changes to the Daggers team which lost to MK Dons and it paid immediate dividends.
The recalled Damian Scannell linked with Peter Gain on 19 minutes, who put the ball on a plate for Jon Nurse to scramble past goalkeeper Simon Royce.
The floodgates opened in the second half after Karleigh Osborne headed Darren Currie’s past him own keeper in comical fashion on 56 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Scannell was again the instigator for the third as he carried the ball the length of the pitch before crossing to Nurse for his second.
As Brentford fans began to walk out in disgust, their side were four down by the time they reached the aisle as top scorer Romain Vincelot, who also scored against the Bees on New Year’s Day, headed in from close range.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 7 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 8 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
Charlie MacDonald scored a consolation with the last kick of the game, but it did little to silence the cries of “Scott out” from the visiting fans.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, Ogogo, Doe, Arber, Ilesanmi, Currie, Vincelot, Gain, Scannell (Elito, 83 mins), Morgan, Nurse (Savage, 85 mins).
Subs not used: Lewington, McCrory, Antwi, Tomlin, Taiwo.
Brentford: Royce, O’Connor, Woodman, Balkenstein, MacDonald, Bignall (Weston, 78 minutes), Grabban (Simpson, 58 mins), Osborne, Wright, Tudur Jones, Alexander (Saunder, 73 mins).
Subs not used: Moore, Forster, Diagouraga, Legge.
Attendance: 1,907, including 351 travelling fans