League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 4 Brentford 1
Jon Nurse stars as Daggers sting the Bees
Three second half goals capped an inspired performance from Dagenham & Redbridge to increase the pressure on under-fire Brentford boss Andy Scott.
John Still made three changes to the Daggers team which lost to MK Dons and it paid immediate dividends.
The recalled Damian Scannell linked with Peter Gain on 19 minutes, who put the ball on a plate for Jon Nurse to scramble past goalkeeper Simon Royce.
The floodgates opened in the second half after Karleigh Osborne headed Darren Currie’s past him own keeper in comical fashion on 56 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Scannell was again the instigator for the third as he carried the ball the length of the pitch before crossing to Nurse for his second.
As Brentford fans began to walk out in disgust, their side were four down by the time they reached the aisle as top scorer Romain Vincelot, who also scored against the Bees on New Year’s Day, headed in from close range.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 9 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome
Charlie MacDonald scored a consolation with the last kick of the game, but it did little to silence the cries of “Scott out” from the visiting fans.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, Ogogo, Doe, Arber, Ilesanmi, Currie, Vincelot, Gain, Scannell (Elito, 83 mins), Morgan, Nurse (Savage, 85 mins).
Subs not used: Lewington, McCrory, Antwi, Tomlin, Taiwo.
Brentford: Royce, O’Connor, Woodman, Balkenstein, MacDonald, Bignall (Weston, 78 minutes), Grabban (Simpson, 58 mins), Osborne, Wright, Tudur Jones, Alexander (Saunder, 73 mins).
Subs not used: Moore, Forster, Diagouraga, Legge.
Attendance: 1,907, including 351 travelling fans