League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 2 Yeovil Town 1
Daggers make it seven points from nine after late goal
A second half goal from Jon Nurse was the difference as Dagennham & Redbridge saw off relegation rivals Yeovil Town at Victoria Road.
A thrilling first half saw chances created by both sides, but the visitors could consider themselves unlucky not to be ahead at the break.
In fact, it was John Still’s men who took the lead against the run of play on 30 minutes when leading scorer Romain Vincelot was completely unmarked to head in Darren Currie’s corner.
Just three minutes later the Glovers were level though when Ollie Johnson seized on a slip from Scott Doe to slot past Tony Roberts from just inside the penalty area.
You may also want to watch:
The second half did not see as much goalmouth action, but Johnson should have headed in Luke Ayling’s cross, but nodded wide from six yards.
Daggers took full advantage of the lifeline they were offered and substitute Bas Savage crossed for Nurse on 72 minutes, who turned his marker and shot past keeper Stephen Henderson from close range.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 7 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 10 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’