League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 2 Yeovil Town 1
Daggers make it seven points from nine after late goal
A second half goal from Jon Nurse was the difference as Dagennham & Redbridge saw off relegation rivals Yeovil Town at Victoria Road.
A thrilling first half saw chances created by both sides, but the visitors could consider themselves unlucky not to be ahead at the break.
In fact, it was John Still’s men who took the lead against the run of play on 30 minutes when leading scorer Romain Vincelot was completely unmarked to head in Darren Currie’s corner.
Just three minutes later the Glovers were level though when Ollie Johnson seized on a slip from Scott Doe to slot past Tony Roberts from just inside the penalty area.
You may also want to watch:
The second half did not see as much goalmouth action, but Johnson should have headed in Luke Ayling’s cross, but nodded wide from six yards.
Daggers took full advantage of the lifeline they were offered and substitute Bas Savage crossed for Nurse on 72 minutes, who turned his marker and shot past keeper Stephen Henderson from close range.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing