League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 2 Swindon Town 1
Scanell and Savage strike to stun Swindon
Damian Scannell put in a man of the match performance on his first league start for Dagenham & Redbridge as they came behind to beat Swindon Town on Saturday.
The final score looked an unlikely one after just 50 seconds, when Robins left back Michael Rose’s cross was met by Togolese international Thomas Dossevi, whose header looped over goalkeeper Tony Roberts and into the net.
Bas Savage forced a point-blank save out of Swindon keeper David Lucas, but otherwise the visitors were comfortable in possession in a largely uneventful first period.
The turning point came three minutes after the restart when Gavin Tomlin found Scannell on the left and the former Southend United winger Scannell took a touch infield, before burying his shot into the bottom right-hand corner.
You may also want to watch:
The home side suddenly took control, with Lucas making two more saves from Scannell, before the ball to Savage on 80 minutes, which he placed into the net on the turn from 10 yards out.
Swindon, including substitute debutant Billy Bodin, pushed for an equalizer, but Roberts made a superb save from a Jon-Paul McGovern shot as Daggers held on for three points.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 4 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 5 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, McCrory, Doe, Arber, Green (Scott, 91 mins), Tomlin (Nurse, 76 mins), Ifil (Gwillim, 86 mins), Scannell, Savage, Vincelot, Gain.
Subs: Lewington, Currie, Lewis, Bingham.
Swindon Town: Lucas, Cuthbert, Rose, Douglas, Caddis, Ferry, Pericard, Morrison, Amakwaah (O’Brien, 71 mins), Ball (McGovern, 55 mins), Dossevi (Bodin, 80 mins).
Subs: Smith, Thompson, Evans.
Official: Mr Brendan Malone.
Attendance: 2,767, including 1,026 visiting supporters.