League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 2 Swindon Town 1
Scanell and Savage strike to stun Swindon
Damian Scannell put in a man of the match performance on his first league start for Dagenham & Redbridge as they came behind to beat Swindon Town on Saturday.
The final score looked an unlikely one after just 50 seconds, when Robins left back Michael Rose’s cross was met by Togolese international Thomas Dossevi, whose header looped over goalkeeper Tony Roberts and into the net.
Bas Savage forced a point-blank save out of Swindon keeper David Lucas, but otherwise the visitors were comfortable in possession in a largely uneventful first period.
The turning point came three minutes after the restart when Gavin Tomlin found Scannell on the left and the former Southend United winger Scannell took a touch infield, before burying his shot into the bottom right-hand corner.
You may also want to watch:
The home side suddenly took control, with Lucas making two more saves from Scannell, before the ball to Savage on 80 minutes, which he placed into the net on the turn from 10 yards out.
Swindon, including substitute debutant Billy Bodin, pushed for an equalizer, but Roberts made a superb save from a Jon-Paul McGovern shot as Daggers held on for three points.
- 1 Havering households to be asked to participate in census
- 2 Deputy head: School's teachers have gone 'above and beyond' during Covid pandemic
- 3 Police appeal after second fatal Rainham collision in less than a week
- 4 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 5 Christmas Day babies to spend their first few weeks in lockdown
- 6 DAB radios donated to Queen's Hospital for those too weak to hold a phone
- 7 Illegal car meet in Rainham sees 49 fined for Covid breaches
- 8 BHRUT thanks families of NHS workers who are keeping service afloat
- 9 Romford MP hails charity's 'extraordinary' work during Covid pandemic
- 10 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, McCrory, Doe, Arber, Green (Scott, 91 mins), Tomlin (Nurse, 76 mins), Ifil (Gwillim, 86 mins), Scannell, Savage, Vincelot, Gain.
Subs: Lewington, Currie, Lewis, Bingham.
Swindon Town: Lucas, Cuthbert, Rose, Douglas, Caddis, Ferry, Pericard, Morrison, Amakwaah (O’Brien, 71 mins), Ball (McGovern, 55 mins), Dossevi (Bodin, 80 mins).
Subs: Smith, Thompson, Evans.
Official: Mr Brendan Malone.
Attendance: 2,767, including 1,026 visiting supporters.