League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Bournemouth 2
Late Anton Robinson goal punishes battling Daggers
A late goal from Anton Robinson gave fresh momentum to Bournemouth’s promotion push as the expense of a despondent Dagenham & Redbridge.
Liam Feeney enjoyed the best chance of a stop-start first period, which was disrupted by torrential rain, when he raced away from Damien McCrory, but was twice denied by goalkeeper Tony Roberts.
The game came to life on 48 minutes when Jon Nurse peeled away from his marker to nod in a deep free kick from Danny Green to put the home side in front.
Going behind simply woke Bournemouth up though and the introduction of Danny Ings breathed fresh life into the travelers.
You may also want to watch:
Within moments of coming on, the substitute headed in Adam Smith’s cross, only to see it ruled out for a marginal offside.
He was not to be denied a minute later though as Bournemouth broke in numbers and Marc Pugh’s pinpoint cross gave Ings a simple task of heading in at the back post.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 5 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
Both sides brought on substitutes in search of a winner, but it was Robinson, reacting quickest to a Steve Fletcher knock down, who had the final say.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, McCrory, Arber, Ogogo, Vincelot, Currie (Scannell, 81 mins), Gain, Taiwo, Green, Savage (Morgan, 64 mins), Nurse. Subs not used: Lewington, Ifil, Ilesanmi, Bingham, Tomlin.
Bournemouth: Jalal, Cooper, Pearce, Pugh, Robinson, Feeney, Smith, Wiggins, Hollands (Purches, 90 mins), Partington (Ings, 53 mins), Symes (Fletcher, 78 mins). Subs not used: Stewart, Arter, Baudry, Stockley.