League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Bournemouth 2
Late Anton Robinson goal punishes battling Daggers
A late goal from Anton Robinson gave fresh momentum to Bournemouth’s promotion push as the expense of a despondent Dagenham & Redbridge.
Liam Feeney enjoyed the best chance of a stop-start first period, which was disrupted by torrential rain, when he raced away from Damien McCrory, but was twice denied by goalkeeper Tony Roberts.
The game came to life on 48 minutes when Jon Nurse peeled away from his marker to nod in a deep free kick from Danny Green to put the home side in front.
Going behind simply woke Bournemouth up though and the introduction of Danny Ings breathed fresh life into the travelers.
You may also want to watch:
Within moments of coming on, the substitute headed in Adam Smith’s cross, only to see it ruled out for a marginal offside.
He was not to be denied a minute later though as Bournemouth broke in numbers and Marc Pugh’s pinpoint cross gave Ings a simple task of heading in at the back post.
- 1 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 4 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 5 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 6 Romford man gets community order for causing pensioner's crash death
- 7 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 8 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 9 East London police officer charged with rape
- 10 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
Both sides brought on substitutes in search of a winner, but it was Robinson, reacting quickest to a Steve Fletcher knock down, who had the final say.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, McCrory, Arber, Ogogo, Vincelot, Currie (Scannell, 81 mins), Gain, Taiwo, Green, Savage (Morgan, 64 mins), Nurse. Subs not used: Lewington, Ifil, Ilesanmi, Bingham, Tomlin.
Bournemouth: Jalal, Cooper, Pearce, Pugh, Robinson, Feeney, Smith, Wiggins, Hollands (Purches, 90 mins), Partington (Ings, 53 mins), Symes (Fletcher, 78 mins). Subs not used: Stewart, Arter, Baudry, Stockley.