League One: Dagenham & Redbridge 1 Bournemouth 2
Late Anton Robinson goal punishes battling Daggers
A late goal from Anton Robinson gave fresh momentum to Bournemouth’s promotion push as the expense of a despondent Dagenham & Redbridge.
Liam Feeney enjoyed the best chance of a stop-start first period, which was disrupted by torrential rain, when he raced away from Damien McCrory, but was twice denied by goalkeeper Tony Roberts.
The game came to life on 48 minutes when Jon Nurse peeled away from his marker to nod in a deep free kick from Danny Green to put the home side in front.
Going behind simply woke Bournemouth up though and the introduction of Danny Ings breathed fresh life into the travelers.
You may also want to watch:
Within moments of coming on, the substitute headed in Adam Smith’s cross, only to see it ruled out for a marginal offside.
He was not to be denied a minute later though as Bournemouth broke in numbers and Marc Pugh’s pinpoint cross gave Ings a simple task of heading in at the back post.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Both sides brought on substitutes in search of a winner, but it was Robinson, reacting quickest to a Steve Fletcher knock down, who had the final say.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Roberts, McCrory, Arber, Ogogo, Vincelot, Currie (Scannell, 81 mins), Gain, Taiwo, Green, Savage (Morgan, 64 mins), Nurse. Subs not used: Lewington, Ifil, Ilesanmi, Bingham, Tomlin.
Bournemouth: Jalal, Cooper, Pearce, Pugh, Robinson, Feeney, Smith, Wiggins, Hollands (Purches, 90 mins), Partington (Ings, 53 mins), Symes (Fletcher, 78 mins). Subs not used: Stewart, Arter, Baudry, Stockley.