League One: Colchester United v Dagenham & Redbridge preview
Daggers aim to end The U’s unbeaten league record tonight
Dagenham & Redbridge travel to Colchester United this evening looking to put an end to two records.
For the visitors, the aim is to secure a first win away from Victoria Road this season, having been buoyed by earning a last-gasp point at Charlton on Saturday.
Colchester have yet to be beaten home or away this season, although have only racked up three wins from their eight games in League One.
Worryingly for manager John Ward, they have won just once at the Community Stadium in four attempts, scoring six and conceding four in the process.
With former Daggers Magnus Okuonghae marshalling their defence, Colchester have let in just seven goals in the league season, while Daggers had not scored away in the league until the weekend.
Bas Savage began up front alongside Gavin Tomlin on Saturday, but it would be a surprise to see him keep him keep his place given the lack of match fitness.
- 1 Aldi given nod to open at former Mothercare branch in Romford
- 2 Car park killing: John Avers the 'best friend' of hitman, court hears
- 3 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 4 Aklu Plaza submits plans to convert third floor into banqueting suite
- 5 Romford's South Street reacts to BBC licence fee announcement
- 6 Travel Bulletin: Havering, Redbridge, Barking and Dagenham
- 7 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 8 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 9 Campaigner glee as 560 trees saved from 'overzealous' railway works
- 10 Rainham councillors publish 'plan B' for Beam Park transport links
This could mean a start for Jon Nurse, provided he has shaken off the injury incurred when scoring at The Valley, or Josh Scott will play through the pain of a persistent hip problem.
The danger man for Colchester will be Andy Bond who, like Romain Vincelot, has scored four goals from midfield this season after signing from non league side Barrow in the summer.
Tonight’s hosts have only scored 11 times in eight games this season, although striker David Mooney - on loan from Championship side Reading - will provide a constant threat with his intelligent movement off the ball.
Key Man: Stuart Lewis - Enjoyed his best game of the season against Charlton and Daggers will need him to be at his disruptive best in the middle of the park.
Best Odds: Colchester United 3/4, Draw 3/1, Dagenham & Redbridge 4/1.