League One: Colchester United v Dagenham & Redbridge preview
Daggers aim to end The U’s unbeaten league record tonight
Dagenham & Redbridge travel to Colchester United this evening looking to put an end to two records.
For the visitors, the aim is to secure a first win away from Victoria Road this season, having been buoyed by earning a last-gasp point at Charlton on Saturday.
Colchester have yet to be beaten home or away this season, although have only racked up three wins from their eight games in League One.
Worryingly for manager John Ward, they have won just once at the Community Stadium in four attempts, scoring six and conceding four in the process.
You may also want to watch:
With former Daggers Magnus Okuonghae marshalling their defence, Colchester have let in just seven goals in the league season, while Daggers had not scored away in the league until the weekend.
Bas Savage began up front alongside Gavin Tomlin on Saturday, but it would be a surprise to see him keep him keep his place given the lack of match fitness.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 7 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 10 The most expensive houses sold in your east London borough in August
This could mean a start for Jon Nurse, provided he has shaken off the injury incurred when scoring at The Valley, or Josh Scott will play through the pain of a persistent hip problem.
The danger man for Colchester will be Andy Bond who, like Romain Vincelot, has scored four goals from midfield this season after signing from non league side Barrow in the summer.
Tonight’s hosts have only scored 11 times in eight games this season, although striker David Mooney - on loan from Championship side Reading - will provide a constant threat with his intelligent movement off the ball.
Key Man: Stuart Lewis - Enjoyed his best game of the season against Charlton and Daggers will need him to be at his disruptive best in the middle of the park.
Best Odds: Colchester United 3/4, Draw 3/1, Dagenham & Redbridge 4/1.