Renowned magician discovered love of magic at Havering school
- Credit: Jake Banfield
A renowned magician has attributed his passion for magic to his years at Havering Colleges’ Sixth Form.
Jake Banfield, who studied for his A Levels at the college from 2004 to 2006, said crowds would gather during lunchtimes to watch his card tricks, mind-reading and floating object illusion.
The Hornchurch-born magician said: “The college was the perfect place to practise.
“It taught me how to get and keep people’s attention and how to interact with an audience.
“Magic was really helpful in bringing me out of my shell and communicating.”
The former Sanders Draper School student is a member of international magic society The Magic Circle, and his Sprezzatura show ran at central London’s Charlotte Street Hotel.
You may also want to watch:
Jake has been hosting an online magic course during the most recent lockdown and now hopes to take his magic show to the next level by hiring a director and creative team.
To find out more about Jake’s online magic course or his shows, visit www.jakebanfield.com.
- 1 Shoppers and traders enjoy Romford market and high street in the sunshine
- 2 Mayoral election 2021: how will candidates improve east London?
- 3 Heritage: How bicycles, manufacturing and gas lights created Roneo Corner
- 4 Harold Wood residents delighted as deer graze outside their windows
- 5 'I'm appalled at no-show bookings as pubs reopen'
- 6 Man and woman assaulted at Upminster Station
- 7 Array of activities to be held at Weald Park Country Show 2021
- 8 Council cannot 'justify' stronger bollards after fifth crash in 18 months
- 9 Men sent to prison over death of schoolboy Harvey Tyrrell
- 10 Brentwood's unsung heroes helping the community during the pandemic