Leaders end Romford’s run
Ryman One North: Romford 0 Maldon 3
Romford couldn’t cause an upset as Ryman Division One North leaders Maldon extended their advantage to seven points last night.
Jamie Guy fired the visitors in front after four minutes when Ben Bradbury played in Joe Gardner who laid the ball back for Guy to superbly finish from just inside the box.
Boro, unbeaten in their last four league matches, did cause problems for visiting goalkeeper Joe Wright, who saved well from a Nick Reynolds header after Lewis Francis had centred.
The Romford pair combined again and Reynolds thought he had fired the hosts level, but referee Tom Brookes disallowed the goal for handball by the eight-goal striker in the build-up.
You may also want to watch:
There was a quiet start to the second half before Maldon virtually sealed the win with a fine individual run and shot from the experienced Ollie Berquez, who remained unchallenged as he waltzed into the area and shot low, left-footed, past Atu Ngoy.
Romford kept plugging away but even the introduction of new signings Billy Hunt and Ben Jones could do little to change their fortune in front of goal.
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards
- 10 87-room care home on Ardleigh Green college site granted permission
Maldon could have added to their lead on a number of occasions and they finally claimed a third deep into stoppage time Atu Ngoy could only clear straight to Chris Bryan who took a couple of touches before curling his shot back into the net.
Romford: Ngoy, Ishmail, Oates, Barry, Toms, Clayton, Sammut (Isa 76), Richardson, Reynolds (Hunt 70), Imbert (Jones 70), Francis.