Leaders’ debate: Five opposition leaders go head-to-head tonight
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
The five main opposition party leaders will go head-to-head in the general election campaign tonight (Thurs).
Labour’s Ed Miliband will look to win the public’s trust and prove he is the only leader who could realistically be prime minister after the election on May 7.
Plaid Cymru’s Leanne Wood, the Green Party’s Natalie Bennett, the SNP’s Nicola Sturgeon and UKIP’s Nigel Farage will all be looking to poke holes in his manifesto and state why they should earn your vote instead.
Each of the leaders will be invited to make a short statement before fielding five questions from the audience.
They will be given a minute to answer the question before 10 minutes of free debate.
You may also want to watch:
At the end, each leader will deliver a short closing statement too.
The debate will be shown on BBC 1 on Thursday at 8pm and online on the BBC’s election live page.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
We want to hear your views. Tweet them to @RomfordRecorder during the debate.