Laundry bag full of �3,000 worth of cannabis found dumped in Upminster
A large laundry bag full of cannabis believed to be worth �3,000 was discovered in a back lane in Upminster.
The finding was made by officers from the Upminster Safer Neighbourhood Team in Bramble Lane after a call from a member of the public.
PCSO Rian Black from Upminster Safer Neighbourhood team said: “We usually stop people and find small amounts of cannabis, but this was a good finding because it was so much that was dumped in the street”
The laundry bag contained old cannabis plants and police believe that it may have been dumped after the plant was harvested.
Rian said that he was in the office when he received the call from a member of the public.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We thought it was very unusual, we get calls from the public but it is very rare that they call about something like this.
“It is really important that we get calls from the public because they can play an important part in helping us to investigate crime.”
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 7 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
The police are currently nvestigating how the cannabis came to the abandoned on the road.
Anyone with information should call the Upminster Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on