Laundry bag full of �3,000 worth of cannabis found dumped in Upminster
A large laundry bag full of cannabis believed to be worth �3,000 was discovered in a back lane in Upminster.
The finding was made by officers from the Upminster Safer Neighbourhood Team in Bramble Lane after a call from a member of the public.
PCSO Rian Black from Upminster Safer Neighbourhood team said: “We usually stop people and find small amounts of cannabis, but this was a good finding because it was so much that was dumped in the street”
The laundry bag contained old cannabis plants and police believe that it may have been dumped after the plant was harvested.
Rian said that he was in the office when he received the call from a member of the public.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We thought it was very unusual, we get calls from the public but it is very rare that they call about something like this.
“It is really important that we get calls from the public because they can play an important part in helping us to investigate crime.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War
The police are currently nvestigating how the cannabis came to the abandoned on the road.
Anyone with information should call the Upminster Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101 or Crimestoppers on