Last-gasp agony for Hornchurch
Urchins dumped out of FA Trophy
Hornchurch 2 Bishop’s Stortford 3
Struggling Urchins were dumped out of the FA Trophy by stoppage-time goal on Saturday.
Jimmy McFarlane’s men looked to have earned a replay against Conference North outfit Stortford, as Frankie Curley and Leon McKenzie cancelled out goals from Ricky Sappleton.
But the visitors snatched victory in the third minute of injury time when a corner from Reece Prestedge reached Alli Abdullahi, who flicked the ball past Joe Woolley.
You may also want to watch:
Sappleton had opened the scoring with a header from a Prestedge corner after only three minutes.
But Curley levelled on 20 minutes, after Andy Tomlinson and McKenzie had combined.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
Sappleton restored Stortford’s lead from the penalty spot soon after, when Tomlinson was penalised for handball.
But McKenzie got Urchins back on terms for a second time, early in the second half.
McKenzie flicked another effort just past the post as both sides searched for a winner.
But Hornchurch were left heartbroken after Abdullahi struck his late, late clincher.
Thurrock also bowed out of the competition after a 2-0 home defeat against Brackley Town.
And Romford, who the weekend off, dropped two places to eighth in Ryman Division One North, as Tilbury and Thamesmead both won their fixtures.
Aveley ran out 4-1 winners over Soham Town Rangers, thanks to a brace from Daniel Hopkins and other goals from Rashid Kamara and Jordan Cox.
Grays had to settle for a 1-1 draw at Waltham Abbey, where Joao Carlos netted in the 80th minute to earn a point.