Last chance for Havering community groups to bid for funding
- Credit: Archant
Community and voluntary groups could benefit from a grant of up to £5,000.
Groups have until Friday May 10 to bid for a grant in the final round of Havering Council’s Community chest fund by the Friday May 10.
In 2011, the council set aside £200,000 over two years in the fund to support activities that will benefit local communities.
The programme is open to any not for profit group, voluntary or community organisation that is either based in the borough or helps Havering residents.
Applications will be considered by a panel made up of representatives from the Havering Strategic Partnership which includes representatives from the police, councillors and council officers.
You may also want to watch:
Community groups that are successful in getting the grant will have to complete the project or event before April next year.
For more information about applying, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01708 433393 and ask to speak to a member of the Community Engagement Team.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations