Dozens of firefighters tackle early morning house fire in Rainham
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of firefighters spent more than two hours tackling a fierce blaze at a Rainham house in the early hours of this morning (Wednesday, September 25).
A London Fire Brigade spokesman confirmed six fire engines and around 40 firefighters were called to a fire at a house on Lakeside at 4.27am.
He added: "Most of the first floor, half of the loft area and part of the roof of the semi-detached house were damaged by the fire.
"There were no reports of any injuries."
The fire was under control by 6.45am.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews from Wennington, Hornchurch, Dagenham and Barking fire stations were at the scene.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 8 Schools say lack of funding means they can't carry out mass Covid testing
- 9 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
- 10 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
If you have any photographs of the fire you are happy for the Recorder to use online with a credit to you please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.