Havering South is one of the best vaccination teams in the country
Julia Lopez MP, Hornchurch and Upminster
- Credit: Queen‚Äôs Theatre Hornchurch
The vaccine rollout continues apace, with April a big month for second doses, and I received fantastic news from health secretary Matt Hancock that Havering South Primary Care Network (PCN) is now one of the best performing vaccination teams in the country.
Since my last column, I continue to receive regular updates from our local NHS teams - with a much better picture on hospital admissions, focus is now turning to work on tackling non-Covid waiting lists.
As we welcome the next stage of the roadmap out of lockdown, with non-essential shops and services now back open, my team and I have been working to support local businesses.
We have arranged an online event with small business minister Paul Scully, who has been listening to firms across the country about the support they need.
Last Friday, I also hosted an online training session with Google’s Digital Garage for small businesses, charities and other organisations in the constituency. Many have had to adapt swiftly and go online during the pandemic, and I wanted to host a session with digital trainers to share some tips on how organisations can improve their digital marketing and reach new audiences as the virtual world becomes ever more important.
You may also want to watch:
In looking to the next unlocking dates in May and June, we are also trying to support those organisations not yet able to open, like the Queen’s Theatre in Hornchurch.
The culture secretary confirmed over Easter that they will receive a further £148,500 to prepare for reopening and recovery. We are also preparing our parks as part of the Great British Spring Clean.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 6 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 7 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
As ever, if anyone has any enquiries which me and my team can assist with, please do get in touch.