Joy of six for Romford boss Martin
Friendly fire for Boro at Felixstowe
Romford manager Paul Martin was delighted to see his side run out emphatic 6-0 winners at Felixstowe on Saturday.
But the Boro boss was not letting a pre-season friendly stroll by the seaside go to his head.
He said: “It was very promising, considering five or six players were not there so I was more than pleased.
“But results don’t count for anything at the moment. It’s all about getting the new boys and the old boys gelling.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to win, don’t get me wrong, but you don’t play these games to win. You play them to get players on the same wavelength.”
Jack Barry’s lone goal had seen Boro to a 1-0 win over a Thurrock XI last Thursday and new recruit Adrian Clifton hlped himself to a hat-trick on the Suffolk coast, with Abs Seymour, Wale Odedoyin and Hyun Jin Lee completing the six-hit.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
Martin added: “Adrian’s a big strong lad and scored two good headers and poached another one.”
Romford are due to host FC Clacton on Saturday and visit landlords Aveley next Tuesday, before finishing their pre-season at Hythe Town on August 13.
There are still some spaces available for supporters on a club coach for the trip to Kent.
It leaves Mawney Road School at noon, with a pick-up at the Brentwood Holiday Inn at 12.15pm and will cost �12 return, or �10 for members.
See Barry Morgan at the next two games or visit the club website at www.romfordfc.com to book a place, subject to availability.