Joy of six for Romford boss Martin
Friendly fire for Boro at Felixstowe
Romford manager Paul Martin was delighted to see his side run out emphatic 6-0 winners at Felixstowe on Saturday.
But the Boro boss was not letting a pre-season friendly stroll by the seaside go to his head.
He said: “It was very promising, considering five or six players were not there so I was more than pleased.
“But results don’t count for anything at the moment. It’s all about getting the new boys and the old boys gelling.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s nice to win, don’t get me wrong, but you don’t play these games to win. You play them to get players on the same wavelength.”
Jack Barry’s lone goal had seen Boro to a 1-0 win over a Thurrock XI last Thursday and new recruit Adrian Clifton hlped himself to a hat-trick on the Suffolk coast, with Abs Seymour, Wale Odedoyin and Hyun Jin Lee completing the six-hit.
- 1 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 4 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 5 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 6 'Gentle giant' driven propped up on van's floor with serious head injury, inquest hears
- 7 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place
- 8 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
- 9 Hornchurch pub licensing meeting postponed due to 'possibly prejudicial' email
- 10 Hornchurch man ‘lucky’ for rare disorder diagnosis, thanks to junior doctor
Martin added: “Adrian’s a big strong lad and scored two good headers and poached another one.”
Romford are due to host FC Clacton on Saturday and visit landlords Aveley next Tuesday, before finishing their pre-season at Hythe Town on August 13.
There are still some spaces available for supporters on a club coach for the trip to Kent.
It leaves Mawney Road School at noon, with a pick-up at the Brentwood Holiday Inn at 12.15pm and will cost �12 return, or �10 for members.
See Barry Morgan at the next two games or visit the club website at www.romfordfc.com to book a place, subject to availability.