John Still set for Daggers stay
Dagenham & Redbridge’s sought after boss is staying put
With rumours circulating that Dagenham & Redbridge manager John Still was set for a move away from Victoria Road, the boss has moved to put supporters’ minds at rest and affirmed his future to the club.
Having been just a point away from achieving League One survival this season, Still has won praise from far and wide.
He has been linked to the vacant managerial positions at Bradford City and Brentford, while Charlton Athletic were also rumoured to be interested in the services of the 61-year-old.
But English football’s fifth-longest serving boss has this week met with the Daggers chairman Dave Andrews to discuss plans for next season and emphasised his commitment to the club.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve read that I’ve been linked with some big and well supported teams in the last few days,” said Still.
“However, I’ve made it clear to the Chairman that I’m perfectly happy at Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club and my work is already in preparation for next season.”
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing