John Still set for Daggers stay
Dagenham & Redbridge’s sought after boss is staying put
With rumours circulating that Dagenham & Redbridge manager John Still was set for a move away from Victoria Road, the boss has moved to put supporters’ minds at rest and affirmed his future to the club.
Having been just a point away from achieving League One survival this season, Still has won praise from far and wide.
He has been linked to the vacant managerial positions at Bradford City and Brentford, while Charlton Athletic were also rumoured to be interested in the services of the 61-year-old.
But English football’s fifth-longest serving boss has this week met with the Daggers chairman Dave Andrews to discuss plans for next season and emphasised his commitment to the club.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ve read that I’ve been linked with some big and well supported teams in the last few days,” said Still.
“However, I’ve made it clear to the Chairman that I’m perfectly happy at Dagenham & Redbridge Football Club and my work is already in preparation for next season.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 8 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 9 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 10 'It was amazing': Birthday surprise vintage bus tour for woman with Down's syndrome