John Still confident Dagenham & Redbridge will avoid relegation
Daggers earn first away win since August at Morecambe and the boss backs them to survive in League Two
Dagenham & Redbridge boss John Still believes his side will be successful in their continuing battle against relegation, after their 2-1 away win at Morecambe on Tuesday night lifted them off the foot of League Two.
Medy Elito gave Daggers an early lead, but Kevin Ellison levelled for the home side before the break.
The second half was one-way traffic, with Still’s side firmly on top and they finally got their reward when Josh Scott headed in his first of the season to earn Daggers a priceless victory.
“It’s a really important three points,” said Still, after Daggers climbed to 23rd in the table.
You may also want to watch:
“Its not just about getting points, its how we have played. We attacked for most of the game, we weren’t being peppered. I thought all over the pitch we were first class.
“The system we played here, 4-4-1-1, was what we were looking to do from day one and it worked perfectly.
- 1 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 2 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 3 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 4 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 5 Police investigating 'unexplained' death in Collier Row
- 6 Plan agreed to tackle persistent flooding in Abbs Cross Lane
- 7 Apology issued after council error sees pupils' fee multiplied by 100
- 8 Gidea Park events planner hopes to host summer community festival
- 9 A look back at floods which have devastated east London since 2016
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
“We tried to play in their half and not take too many touches in our own half on a difficult pitch. Some of our movement was terrific.
“I believe if we can keep people fit we can keep producing good performances. And if we can keep our form going then we’ll give ourselves a tremendous chance (of staying up) and I’m confident we will.”