Jimmy hails Hornchurch win
McFarlane praise for Urchins
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane hailed his side’s Ryman Premier Division win over Tonbridge Angels.
Goals from Martin Tuohy, Dave Collis and Michael Spencer led Urchins to a 3-1 victory, extending their unbeaten run to eight matches and keeping them on the fringes of the play-offs.
McFarlane said: “It was a good win and I was well pleased.
“Every single one of them, even the ones who came on, were spot on and showed the defeat down there [a 7-1 loss] had hurt them.”
You may also want to watch:
Tuohy took his tally for the season to nine with the first-half opener, before Collis claimed his first goal for the club to double their advantage.
Spencer put Urchins 3-0 up before Frannie Collin netted a consolation from the spot.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 7 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 8 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
McFarlane added: “It was a typical Martin Tuohy goal. Lewis [Smith] had a shot parried and Martin was quickest to react. You have to mark him just as hard when he hasn’t got the ball as when he has.
“Dave rounded off a great display with a good finish. He was excellent. And it was nice to see that when we have a grizzle to them about not doing certain things, they go out and it. It shows they’re listening.”
Without a midweek match, Urchins will start preparing for this weekend’s FA Trophy clash at Bideford.
Hornchurch chairman Colin McBride went to watch the Southern League club at the weekend, as they fell to a 3-0 defeat at Hungerford Town.