Jimmy hails Hornchurch win
McFarlane praise for Urchins
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane hailed his side’s Ryman Premier Division win over Tonbridge Angels.
Goals from Martin Tuohy, Dave Collis and Michael Spencer led Urchins to a 3-1 victory, extending their unbeaten run to eight matches and keeping them on the fringes of the play-offs.
McFarlane said: “It was a good win and I was well pleased.
“Every single one of them, even the ones who came on, were spot on and showed the defeat down there [a 7-1 loss] had hurt them.”
You may also want to watch:
Tuohy took his tally for the season to nine with the first-half opener, before Collis claimed his first goal for the club to double their advantage.
Spencer put Urchins 3-0 up before Frannie Collin netted a consolation from the spot.
- 1 Infection rates are now falling in Havering - is lockdown working?
- 2 70% of Havering residents voted to leave the EU
- 3 Havering parks and gardens five feet under water as rivers burst their banks
- 4 Doctors and nurses 'exhausted' as hospitals reach breaking point
- 5 Fines issued to Romford and Upminster restaurants flouting coronavirus restrictions
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Havering parents and children soars
- 7 More than 100 Covid dead at Queen's and King George this week
- 8 'It was surreal': Hornchurch personal trainer wins £10k with family on TV gameshow
- 9 Heritage: Measuring speed of sound at Upminster
- 10 Man killed in collision on A13 near Rainham
McFarlane added: “It was a typical Martin Tuohy goal. Lewis [Smith] had a shot parried and Martin was quickest to react. You have to mark him just as hard when he hasn’t got the ball as when he has.
“Dave rounded off a great display with a good finish. He was excellent. And it was nice to see that when we have a grizzle to them about not doing certain things, they go out and it. It shows they’re listening.”
Without a midweek match, Urchins will start preparing for this weekend’s FA Trophy clash at Bideford.
Hornchurch chairman Colin McBride went to watch the Southern League club at the weekend, as they fell to a 3-0 defeat at Hungerford Town.