Jimmy hails Hornchurch win
McFarlane praise for Urchins
Hornchurch boss Jimmy McFarlane hailed his side’s Ryman Premier Division win over Tonbridge Angels.
Goals from Martin Tuohy, Dave Collis and Michael Spencer led Urchins to a 3-1 victory, extending their unbeaten run to eight matches and keeping them on the fringes of the play-offs.
McFarlane said: “It was a good win and I was well pleased.
“Every single one of them, even the ones who came on, were spot on and showed the defeat down there [a 7-1 loss] had hurt them.”
Tuohy took his tally for the season to nine with the first-half opener, before Collis claimed his first goal for the club to double their advantage.
Spencer put Urchins 3-0 up before Frannie Collin netted a consolation from the spot.
- 1 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 2 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 3 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 4 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 5 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 9 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 10 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
McFarlane added: “It was a typical Martin Tuohy goal. Lewis [Smith] had a shot parried and Martin was quickest to react. You have to mark him just as hard when he hasn’t got the ball as when he has.
“Dave rounded off a great display with a good finish. He was excellent. And it was nice to see that when we have a grizzle to them about not doing certain things, they go out and it. It shows they’re listening.”
Without a midweek match, Urchins will start preparing for this weekend’s FA Trophy clash at Bideford.
Hornchurch chairman Colin McBride went to watch the Southern League club at the weekend, as they fell to a 3-0 defeat at Hungerford Town.