ITV newsreader revealed as Romford children’s charity’s new patron
- Credit: Archant
A charity which provides care to families who have children with life-threatening or terminal illnesses has unveiled its new patron.
ITV News broadcaster Mary Nightingale will use her role to raise awareness of the Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity’s work.
She said: “I’ve long admired the support that the Rainbow Trust gives to terminally-ill children and their families and had no hesitation when I was asked to join as patron.
“I have children of my own and can’t imagine how hard it must be when your child is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
“I’m happy to do everything I can to raise awareness about the fantastic work that the trust does and I am delighted to have officially joined the team.”
The organisation’s chief executive Heather Wood added: “I am very happy to welcome Mary to Rainbow Trust. Her warm personality and can-do attitude fits with our continued commitment to help as many children and their families as possible through extremely difficult times.”
Nightingale’s first role as patron will be hosting the charity’s annual fundraiser, Trust in Fashion, which is to be held at the Savoy Hotel, London, on March 10.
- 1 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 2 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 5 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 6 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
For more information and to purchase tickets for the event, visit www.rainbowtrust.org.uk.