ITV newsreader revealed as Romford children’s charity’s new patron
- Credit: Archant
A charity which provides care to families who have children with life-threatening or terminal illnesses has unveiled its new patron.
ITV News broadcaster Mary Nightingale will use her role to raise awareness of the Rainbow Trust Children’s Charity’s work.
She said: “I’ve long admired the support that the Rainbow Trust gives to terminally-ill children and their families and had no hesitation when I was asked to join as patron.
“I have children of my own and can’t imagine how hard it must be when your child is diagnosed with a life-threatening illness.
“I’m happy to do everything I can to raise awareness about the fantastic work that the trust does and I am delighted to have officially joined the team.”
You may also want to watch:
The organisation’s chief executive Heather Wood added: “I am very happy to welcome Mary to Rainbow Trust. Her warm personality and can-do attitude fits with our continued commitment to help as many children and their families as possible through extremely difficult times.”
Nightingale’s first role as patron will be hosting the charity’s annual fundraiser, Trust in Fashion, which is to be held at the Savoy Hotel, London, on March 10.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
For more information and to purchase tickets for the event, visit www.rainbowtrust.org.uk.