Italian market set to head into Romford
Residents can get a taste of Italy when an authentic Italian food market heads into Romford.
Italia in Piazza is set to return to Romford Town Centre in South Street on Sunday July 1 from 10am to 4pm.
The market is an innovative and authentic Italian food market comprising of a number of mouth-watering stalls offering all the wonderful tastes from Italy, such as parmigiano reggiano, prosciutto, salami, olives, extra virgin olive oils and much more.
There will also be plenty of Italian themed entertainment throughout the day.
Children will have the opportunity to design a venetian carnival mask and design a multicoloured tissue paper venetian stain glass window.
You may also want to watch:
Italian themed street performers will entertain members of the public with a roving gondola with a gondolier, face painting of the Italian flag, balloon modelling and stilt walkers.
Havering Adult College will be running an Italian quiz for adults and children.
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
Children aged 5 to 11 yrs old will be able to have the opportunity to make a pizza to take away compliments of Pizza Express in Romford.
Cabinet Member for Community Empowerment, Councillor Robert Benham, said: “The Italian market is always very popular, the staff are friendly and there’s always a wide variety of products on offer.
“The entertainment adds that extra special experience that you wouldn’t get anywhere else. It’s definitely worth a visit.”