Italian market set to head into Romford
Residents can get a taste of Italy when an authentic Italian food market heads into Romford.
Italia in Piazza is set to return to Romford Town Centre in South Street on Sunday July 1 from 10am to 4pm.
The market is an innovative and authentic Italian food market comprising of a number of mouth-watering stalls offering all the wonderful tastes from Italy, such as parmigiano reggiano, prosciutto, salami, olives, extra virgin olive oils and much more.
There will also be plenty of Italian themed entertainment throughout the day.
Children will have the opportunity to design a venetian carnival mask and design a multicoloured tissue paper venetian stain glass window.
You may also want to watch:
Italian themed street performers will entertain members of the public with a roving gondola with a gondolier, face painting of the Italian flag, balloon modelling and stilt walkers.
Havering Adult College will be running an Italian quiz for adults and children.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 7 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 8 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
Children aged 5 to 11 yrs old will be able to have the opportunity to make a pizza to take away compliments of Pizza Express in Romford.
Cabinet Member for Community Empowerment, Councillor Robert Benham, said: “The Italian market is always very popular, the staff are friendly and there’s always a wide variety of products on offer.
“The entertainment adds that extra special experience that you wouldn’t get anywhere else. It’s definitely worth a visit.”