Italian market comes to Romford this weekend
Residents can get a real taste of Italy when an Italian food market heads into Romford.
Italia in Piazza is set to return to Romford Town Centre, in South Street, on Sunday, from 10am to 4pm.
The market comprising a number of stalls offering all the tastes from Italy, such as prosciutto, salami, olives, olive oils and much more.
There will be themed entertainment during the day and children can design a venetian carnival mask and a multicoloured tissue paper stain glass window.
Street performers will entertain the public with a roving gondola and gondolier.
You may also want to watch:
Havering Adult College will run an Italian quiz for adults. Children aged five to 11 can make their own pizza to take away, thanks to Pizza Express, Romford.
Cllr Robert Benham, cabinet member for community empowerment, said: “The Italian market is always very popular, the staff are friendly and there’s always a wide variety of products on offer.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'