Italian market comes to Romford this weekend
Residents can get a real taste of Italy when an Italian food market heads into Romford.
Italia in Piazza is set to return to Romford Town Centre, in South Street, on Sunday, from 10am to 4pm.
The market comprising a number of stalls offering all the tastes from Italy, such as prosciutto, salami, olives, olive oils and much more.
There will be themed entertainment during the day and children can design a venetian carnival mask and a multicoloured tissue paper stain glass window.
Street performers will entertain the public with a roving gondola and gondolier.
You may also want to watch:
Havering Adult College will run an Italian quiz for adults. Children aged five to 11 can make their own pizza to take away, thanks to Pizza Express, Romford.
Cllr Robert Benham, cabinet member for community empowerment, said: “The Italian market is always very popular, the staff are friendly and there’s always a wide variety of products on offer.”
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 6 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 9 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says