Italian food market to return to Romford
- Credit: Archant
Residents can get a taste of Italy when the Italian food market returns to Romford.
‘Italia in Piazza’ is set to return to Romford Town Centre on Sunday February 24 from 10am to 4pm.
Visitors can look forward to a number of mouth-watering stalls bringing all the wonderful tastes from Italy, such as parmigiano reggiano, prosciutto, salame, olives, extra virgin olive oils and much more.
You will also be treated to a host of Italian themed entertainment throughout the day including Italian craft activities and the chance to design a Venetian carnival mask, themed street performers, face-painting and balloon modelling for children, and the popular sing-along gondolier and his gondola.
Students from Havering College will also host an Italian quiz with a chance for one lucky person to win an Italian food hamper.
You may also want to watch:
Cabinet Member for Community Empowerment, Councillor Robert Benham, said: “The Italian food market is always a welcome treat and I’m really excited about its return.
“The market offers a wide variety of great quality authentic food, the staff are really helpful, and the entertainment puts a smile on everyone’s face. It’s an extra special experience that you wouldn’t get anywhere else and definitely worth a visit.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 6 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 7 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 8 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 9 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 10 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway