Is Romford MP Andrew Rosindell the only face of Havering?
Romford MP Andrew Rosindell is the only person in Havering with a face – or so you would think from looking at national time capsule project Faces of Britain.
The website was set up to capture 100,000 mugshots of people across Britain as a memento of 2012 – a year in which the country will witness historical events such as the Olympics, Paralympics and the Queen’s diamond jubilee.
Every borough or city has been given space to upload 212 different faces to show a cross-section of its population.
However, since the project was launched four months ago, only one visage has appeared in Havering’s grid – that of Romford’s elected parliamentary representative.
Despite his lack of companionship, Mr Rosindell appears in good spirits, smiling broadly in a small green rectangle.
You may also want to watch:
David Sanders, the project’s co-founder, said: “There are a few areas where there isn’t a tremendous number of people and unfortunately Havering is an example of that.
“The local MP is a fantastic start. Hopefully that will be the trigger.”
- 1 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 2 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 3 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 4 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 9 National Hospitality Day: Locals stuck by cafe through 'thick and thin'
- 10 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
Mr Rosindell confirmed he had uploaded the photo himself, and hoped he would “set the trend”.
“MPs should be seen to be active and involved in things,” he added. “I don’t see any harm in having my picture up there.”
The Faces of Britain website explains: “We may never see so many high-profile events take place in a single year again. Faces of Britain gives you the chance to seal your place in an online 2012 time capsule – by uploading your photo onto a grid for your local area so you can say ‘I was there’ for the rest of your lifetime!”
If you would like to keep Mr Rosindell company “there”, please go to www.facesofbritain.co.uk.