Injured pedestrian trapped after crash on A12 at Mawney Road, Romford
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Firefighters had to free an injured woman in the aftermath of a serious crash on the A12 last night.
Police said they were called shortly before 10pm to the incident involving a pedestrian and white van, at a crossing by Mawney Road.
The woman was taken to hospital with head and leg injuries, a spokeswoman said, but is now thought to be in a stable condition.
Firefighters also attended. One told the Recorder a woman was “trapped” following the collision.
The incident temporarily closed the westbound carriageway of Eastern Avenue (A12).
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London’s bus information Twitter handle (@TfLBusAlerts) tweeted: “Routes 66 296 are still subject to diversion following a serious road traffic collision on the crossing at Mawney Rd, the Eastern Avenue.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 5 Complaint over elderly woman facing homelessness among those ombudsman upheld in 2020/21
- 6 Harold Hill neighbours still feeling effects of freak flooding
- 7 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 8 12 Estates: How is the regeneration programme progressing?
- 9 Covid-19: Latest figures show almost 31,000 positive cases in Havering
- 10 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor