Injured pedestrian trapped after crash on A12 at Mawney Road, Romford
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Firefighters had to free an injured woman in the aftermath of a serious crash on the A12 last night.
Police said they were called shortly before 10pm to the incident involving a pedestrian and white van, at a crossing by Mawney Road.
The woman was taken to hospital with head and leg injuries, a spokeswoman said, but is now thought to be in a stable condition.
Firefighters also attended. One told the Recorder a woman was “trapped” following the collision.
The incident temporarily closed the westbound carriageway of Eastern Avenue (A12).
You may also want to watch:
Transport for London’s bus information Twitter handle (@TfLBusAlerts) tweeted: “Routes 66 296 are still subject to diversion following a serious road traffic collision on the crossing at Mawney Rd, the Eastern Avenue.”
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week