Improvements to NHS blood service to be discussed with Havering patients
- Credit: Archant
NHS blood services will be under the microscope at a series of engagement events to allow residents to offer their opinions.
A blood test is one of the most common medical tests, with more than 900 a week ordered by GPs in Havering last year.
Now, doctors in the Havering Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) want to help in designing improvements.
Blood-testing sites across the borough will hold an event today, and there will be two more in September (2 and 12).
The September 2 event will be held at Havering CCG, Imperial Offices, Eastern Road, Romford. There will be three workshop sessions through the day.
You may also want to watch:
The September 12 event will be held at Havering Town Hall, Main Road, Romford. This event is open to the public, local stakeholders and staff.
Dr Atul Aggarwal, chair of Havering CCG and a local GP said: “It’s important we get this right.
- 1 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 2 Debenhams, Liberty Centre, to permanently close
- 3 De Rougemont Hotel plans to revert to being homes
- 4 Romford cancer patient describes impact of Covid pandemic on mental health
- 5 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 6 Havering Council looking for residents to become Covid marshals
- 7 Pub owner 'drilled through cables' weeks before boy was electrocuted, court told
- 8 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 9 Council report reveals concern that borough's Covid vaccination drive may be held back
- 10 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
“Not only do we want your views but we want those who are interested to join us in improving the service.
“If you want to share your experiences or if you think this is something you could get involved in, please come to our sessions and speak to us.”
Call 01708 574919 to reserve your place for the event.