Imported Chinese kettles destroyed by Havering trading standards
- Credit: Archant
A batch of Chinese kettles will never contribute to a cup of tea after they were destroyed by Trading Standards.
More than 100 of the appliances have been seized from a local trader after their plugs failed to meet electrical safety standards.
They kettles, which were imported from China, were tested by Suffolk Trading Standards, who identified the faulty electrics.
But hot beverage lovers need not worry, none were bought in the Havering area, and the council said the trader “cooperated fully” - quarantining the kettles until the results of the tests were known.
Cabinet member for public protection, Cllr Lesley Kelly, said: “Once again by working with colleagues from other councils we have been able to make sure that potentially dangerous products are not on sale in our borough.
You may also want to watch:
“We work hard to protect residents from such faulty goods and are pleased with the responsible attitude taken by this retailer which meant none were bought by local shoppers.”
- 1 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 2 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 5 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 6 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 9 Harold Hill man to be sentenced for ATM robberies
- 10 'Cover up or terrible mistake?': Family told hostel death inquest will not take place