Imported Chinese kettles destroyed by Havering trading standards
PUBLISHED: 18:00 03 February 2014
A batch of Chinese kettles will never contribute to a cup of tea after they were destroyed by Trading Standards.
More than 100 of the appliances have been seized from a local trader after their plugs failed to meet electrical safety standards.
They kettles, which were imported from China, were tested by Suffolk Trading Standards, who identified the faulty electrics.
But hot beverage lovers need not worry, none were bought in the Havering area, and the council said the trader “cooperated fully” - quarantining the kettles until the results of the tests were known.
Cabinet member for public protection, Cllr Lesley Kelly, said: “Once again by working with colleagues from other councils we have been able to make sure that potentially dangerous products are not on sale in our borough.
“We work hard to protect residents from such faulty goods and are pleased with the responsible attitude taken by this retailer which meant none were bought by local shoppers.”
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Romford Recorder. Click the link in the orange box above for details.