Iconic Ibiza nightclub Sankeys to open in Havering
- Credit: Sankeys Ibiza
A flagship nightclub franchise, which runs a dance floor in Ibiza, is expected to open a new club in the borough.
Nightclub Sankeys, which opened the iconic dance club in Manchester in 2010, is due to announce the location of its new club next week.
The franchise already revealed the new nightclub will open within Havering Borough under the name Sankeys East.
Keen clubbers have expressed their impatience at the news on social media.
Scarlet Ireson tweeted: “Hearing Sankeys is coming to Havering has made my night.”
You may also want to watch:
Sadz also said: “Can’t get my head around that there’s gonna be a Sankeys in Havering.”
Following from the success of the Sankeys club in Manchester, the company opened a club in Ibiza and in New York.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
Sankeys Manchester was voted best dance club in the world in 2010 by the electronic dance and clubbing magazine Mixmag.
A spokesman from Sankeys said the location of the new nightclub will no longer be announced at 4pm today but will be revealed next week.
Find out more on the Recorder’s website next week.