Iconic Ibiza nightclub Sankeys to open in Havering
- Credit: Sankeys Ibiza
A flagship nightclub franchise, which runs a dance floor in Ibiza, is expected to open a new club in the borough.
Nightclub Sankeys, which opened the iconic dance club in Manchester in 2010, is due to announce the location of its new club next week.
The franchise already revealed the new nightclub will open within Havering Borough under the name Sankeys East.
Keen clubbers have expressed their impatience at the news on social media.
Scarlet Ireson tweeted: “Hearing Sankeys is coming to Havering has made my night.”
Sadz also said: “Can’t get my head around that there’s gonna be a Sankeys in Havering.”
Following from the success of the Sankeys club in Manchester, the company opened a club in Ibiza and in New York.
- 1 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 2 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 3 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 4 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 5 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 6 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 10 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
Sankeys Manchester was voted best dance club in the world in 2010 by the electronic dance and clubbing magazine Mixmag.
A spokesman from Sankeys said the location of the new nightclub will no longer be announced at 4pm today but will be revealed next week.
Find out more on the Recorder’s website next week.