Hunt double lifts Hornchurch
Urchins make up ground in play-off race
Hornchurch climbed up to eighth in the Ryman Premier Division after Jonathan Hunt netted twice an excellent 3-1 win over Concord.
It completed a hat-trick of wins this season against the Beachboys, after a 2-0 success in the reverse league fixture and a3-2 victory at Concord in the Essex Senior Cup.
Duane Jackman’s first minute slip into the advertising hoardings saw him replaced by Hunt, who fired Urchins into the lead.
Hunt saw a penalty saved by Dale Brightly, before Concord levelled five minutes before half-time through Tony Stokes.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins looked threatening every time they attacked a fragile Concord defence, though, and Hunt’s free-kick missed everyone in the box and beat Brightly to make it 2-1.
Martin Tuohy wrapped up the game for the visitors with a simple finish after being teed up by strike partner Lewis Smith.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 3 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 4 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 5 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 6 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 7 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
Romford’s Division One North clash at Redbridge fell victim to a waterlogged pitch, but Boro will hope to return to actio nagainst Wingate at Mill Field tomorrow.