Hunt double lifts Hornchurch
Urchins make up ground in play-off race
Hornchurch climbed up to eighth in the Ryman Premier Division after Jonathan Hunt netted twice an excellent 3-1 win over Concord.
It completed a hat-trick of wins this season against the Beachboys, after a 2-0 success in the reverse league fixture and a3-2 victory at Concord in the Essex Senior Cup.
Duane Jackman’s first minute slip into the advertising hoardings saw him replaced by Hunt, who fired Urchins into the lead.
Hunt saw a penalty saved by Dale Brightly, before Concord levelled five minutes before half-time through Tony Stokes.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins looked threatening every time they attacked a fragile Concord defence, though, and Hunt’s free-kick missed everyone in the box and beat Brightly to make it 2-1.
Martin Tuohy wrapped up the game for the visitors with a simple finish after being teed up by strike partner Lewis Smith.
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 7 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 8 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 9 Award-winning Kushi restaurant sets up initiative to help fundraisers
- 10 West Ham's Jack Sullivan signs on as Saint Francis Hospice ambassador
Romford’s Division One North clash at Redbridge fell victim to a waterlogged pitch, but Boro will hope to return to actio nagainst Wingate at Mill Field tomorrow.