Hundreds of pounds raised for Help for Heroes charity by gym-goers in Romford
- Credit: Archant
Fitness fanatics took part in a gruelling training challenge in a bid to raise money for a good cause and remember servicemen and women who have served the country.
The event was part of RAW Inc Training Gym’s inaugural Veterans Challenge in Crow Lane, Romford, on Sunday.
After members respectively observed a two minutes silence, competitors braced themselves to tackle the exhausting challenge.
Participants were put through paces as they ran one mile, followed by 100 pull-ups, 200 press-ups, 300 squats and then a final one mile run without a rest.
Organiser Tom White said: “Our members have been looking at different charity events for several months now but in the end we decided to organise it among ourselves.
You may also want to watch:
“Although this was the first such event there are plans for more in the future and to make them bigger so that we can raise more funds for local causes.
“I was really pleased with the response from our membership after we collected around £300 on the day and sponsorship continues to come in towards our goal of £1,000.”
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations