Hundreds of pounds raised for Help for Heroes charity by gym-goers in Romford
- Credit: Archant
Fitness fanatics took part in a gruelling training challenge in a bid to raise money for a good cause and remember servicemen and women who have served the country.
The event was part of RAW Inc Training Gym’s inaugural Veterans Challenge in Crow Lane, Romford, on Sunday.
After members respectively observed a two minutes silence, competitors braced themselves to tackle the exhausting challenge.
Participants were put through paces as they ran one mile, followed by 100 pull-ups, 200 press-ups, 300 squats and then a final one mile run without a rest.
Organiser Tom White said: “Our members have been looking at different charity events for several months now but in the end we decided to organise it among ourselves.
You may also want to watch:
“Although this was the first such event there are plans for more in the future and to make them bigger so that we can raise more funds for local causes.
“I was really pleased with the response from our membership after we collected around £300 on the day and sponsorship continues to come in towards our goal of £1,000.”
- 1 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 2 Man injured after assault reported at Gallows Corner supermarket
- 3 'Poor living standard': Plans for Harold Hill HMO blocked amid multiple concerns
- 4 Traffic building at petrol hotspots amid ongoing clamour for fuel
- 5 Boy, 15, was in 'life-threatening' condition after Upminster stabbing
- 6 Collier Row Roundabout set for resurfacing works
- 7 Woman, 52, dies in Collier Row in 'unexplained' circumstances
- 8 Plans submitted to build five new apartments beside Upminster station
- 9 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 10 Award-winning Kushi restaurant sets up initiative to help fundraisers