Huddersfield Town 2 Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Two first-half goals from Jordan Rhodes saw Daggers suffer a fourth straight defeat and slip into the bottom four.
Promotion chasing Huddersfield opened the scoring on nine minutes when Benik Afobe picked out Rhodes with an excellent cross, leaving the forward with a simple finish from close range.
Daggers started the game slowly and were fortunate not to fall further behind when Jack Hunt breezed past Femi Ilesanmi, but his powerful strike was brilliantly pushed away by Tony Roberts.
But on 28 minutes the visitors sparked into life and their best move of the game was finished off with a spectacular goal from Romain Vincelot to level the score.
However, Daggers were level for only four minutes, when Gary Roberts set up Rhodes, who powered his header past Roberts for his and Huddersfield’s second.
You may also want to watch:
Afobe should have put the game beyond their opponents on the stroke of half time, but after beating Mark Arber could only shoot straight at Roberts.
There were no further goals in an open second half, but John Akinde missed a golden opportunity to equalise.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
On 71 minutes, substitute Danny J Green flicked a header into the path of the powerful forward, but Akinde failed to make good contact and his tame effort came back off the post.
The result leaves Daggers fourth from bottom, one point adrift of safety with two games remaining.
Dag & Red: Roberts, Ogogo, Antwi, Arber, Ilesanmi (Currie 86), Gain, Vincelot, Bingham (DJ Green 69), Danny Green, Akinde, Nurse (Savage 80). Subs: Lewington, Lee, Walsh, Taiwo.