Howell-er from Neal helps Daggers to valuable point at Port Vale
League Two: Port Vale 1 Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Dagenham & Redbridge picked up another valuable point on their travels after a 1-1 draw at high flying Port Vale tonight.
Luke Howell profited after 72 minutes when his shot squirmed through the legs of home goalkeeper Chris Neal only for Jennison Myrie-Williams to equalise for the Valiants two minutes later.
Boss John Still made one change with Medy Elito back in the starting XI in favour of Dwight Gayle, but was able to bring midfielder Matthew Saunders back into the matchday squad after a long spell on the sidelines.
The first half was a slow affair, with Sam Williams booked after just eight minutes for a challenge on Neal in the Vale goal.
You may also want to watch:
Port Vale enjoyed the better of the latter stages with Daggers goalkeeper Chris Lewington forced to make saves from Myrie-Williams, Tom Pope and Ashley Vincent.
Still would have been relieved to hear the half-time whistle but Daggers started brighter in the second half as Billy Bingham fired wide, while Vincent did the same up the other end.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 9 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
But the visitors took a surprise lead in the 72nd minute when Howell’s effort slipped between the legs of home custodian Neal.
However, that lead lasted just two minutes when the ball fell to the unmarked Myrie-Williams and he fired past Lewington.
Try as they may neither side could force a winner, but Daggers boss John Still will be more than happy with another point on their travels, following on from the 2-2 draw at Rochdale.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Lewington, Ilesanmi, Ogogo, Wilkinson, Doe, Howell, Spillane, Bingham (Gayle 77), Elito, Williams, Scott (Danny J Green 64).
Unused substitutes: Seabright, Hoyte, Saunders, Read, Woodall.