Howell-er from Neal helps Daggers to valuable point at Port Vale
League Two: Port Vale 1 Dagenham & Redbridge 1
Dagenham & Redbridge picked up another valuable point on their travels after a 1-1 draw at high flying Port Vale tonight.
Luke Howell profited after 72 minutes when his shot squirmed through the legs of home goalkeeper Chris Neal only for Jennison Myrie-Williams to equalise for the Valiants two minutes later.
Boss John Still made one change with Medy Elito back in the starting XI in favour of Dwight Gayle, but was able to bring midfielder Matthew Saunders back into the matchday squad after a long spell on the sidelines.
The first half was a slow affair, with Sam Williams booked after just eight minutes for a challenge on Neal in the Vale goal.
You may also want to watch:
Port Vale enjoyed the better of the latter stages with Daggers goalkeeper Chris Lewington forced to make saves from Myrie-Williams, Tom Pope and Ashley Vincent.
Still would have been relieved to hear the half-time whistle but Daggers started brighter in the second half as Billy Bingham fired wide, while Vincent did the same up the other end.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
But the visitors took a surprise lead in the 72nd minute when Howell’s effort slipped between the legs of home custodian Neal.
However, that lead lasted just two minutes when the ball fell to the unmarked Myrie-Williams and he fired past Lewington.
Try as they may neither side could force a winner, but Daggers boss John Still will be more than happy with another point on their travels, following on from the 2-2 draw at Rochdale.
Dagenham & Redbridge: Lewington, Ilesanmi, Ogogo, Wilkinson, Doe, Howell, Spillane, Bingham (Gayle 77), Elito, Williams, Scott (Danny J Green 64).
Unused substitutes: Seabright, Hoyte, Saunders, Read, Woodall.