Howell confident in Daggers ahead of Morecambe clash
Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Luke Howell believes Saturday’s win at Accrington Stanley stands them in good stead ahead of tonight’s game at Morecambe.
Daggers midfielder Luke Howell believes the squad will be in confident mood as they prepare for the League Two match at Morecambe tonight.
Howell celebrated his 26th birthday on Saturday and had the perfect present after scoring the second in a 2-0 win at Accrington Stanley.
And John Still’s side face another trip to Lancashire today as they travel to face Morecambe, after the original clash was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at the Globe Arena on December 22.
“Back up to Morecambe on Tuesday, we’ve already been up there once!” said Howell.
You may also want to watch:
“We go up again but after this we’ll go there with a lot of confidence and we feel as though if we do it right we can beat any team any where so both myself and the rest of the team will be looking forward to Tuesday.”
Howell goes into the game tonight as the club’s second highest goalscorer in the league with seven goals, one behind striker Sam Williams.
- 1 Four people taken to hospital after Romford town centre incident
- 2 East London police officer charged with rape
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 6 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 7 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 8 Romford location ‘encapsulates Britain’ in soon to premiere horror movie
- 9 Mourners to host vigil in Harold Hill park for lost teenage boys
- 10 Mapped: Possession of weapons across east London
And the ever-present midfielder has been delighted to chip in with his fair share of goals so far.
“It’s seven for the season so I am more than happy with my tally,” he added.
“After last year having a lot of injuries it is nice just to be back playing but to turn up with a goal every now and then is important for me.”