Howell confident in Daggers ahead of Morecambe clash
Dagenham & Redbridge midfielder Luke Howell believes Saturday’s win at Accrington Stanley stands them in good stead ahead of tonight’s game at Morecambe.
Daggers midfielder Luke Howell believes the squad will be in confident mood as they prepare for the League Two match at Morecambe tonight.
Howell celebrated his 26th birthday on Saturday and had the perfect present after scoring the second in a 2-0 win at Accrington Stanley.
And John Still’s side face another trip to Lancashire today as they travel to face Morecambe, after the original clash was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at the Globe Arena on December 22.
“Back up to Morecambe on Tuesday, we’ve already been up there once!” said Howell.
You may also want to watch:
“We go up again but after this we’ll go there with a lot of confidence and we feel as though if we do it right we can beat any team any where so both myself and the rest of the team will be looking forward to Tuesday.”
Howell goes into the game tonight as the club’s second highest goalscorer in the league with seven goals, one behind striker Sam Williams.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 3 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
And the ever-present midfielder has been delighted to chip in with his fair share of goals so far.
“It’s seven for the season so I am more than happy with my tally,” he added.
“After last year having a lot of injuries it is nice just to be back playing but to turn up with a goal every now and then is important for me.”