How sexy are Havering’s MPs?
When it comes to sexy professions, the job of MP would be pretty far down most people’s list.
These aren’t buff firemen rescuing damsels in distress or naughty nurses keen to take your pulse.
No, MPs are sensible representatives of the community, far too focused on housing and parking issues to bother with shameless attempts at vanity.
But if you had to, which one would you do?
This is the pressing question of a new website which asks users to rank MPs according to sexiness.
You may also want to watch:
The website – www.sexymp.co.uk – features two MPs chosen at random and asks the user which one they’d rather sleep with.
Your answer helps rank the 648 MPs, with the order changing by the minute as constituents across the country click on their favourites.
- 1 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 2 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 3 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 4 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 7 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 8 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 9 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 10 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
Designed by Francis Boulle, star of reality television series Made in Chelsea, the website was created in an attempt to familiarise the public with their Members of Parliament.
Francis says on the site: “In addition to my wanting to create a fun and memorable tool to help the British public get to know their Members of Parliament, I thought it would be an interesting opportunity to hold the first ever parliamentary beauty contest and find out once and for all which MPs and Parties have the most sex-appeal.”
The website is now become so popular with MPs that it has apparently been blocked at Westminster for the past month with politicians said to be wasting to much time voting for themselves in an attempt to push up their ratings.
So how do Havering’s MPs rate?
Top of the group is Dagenham and Rainham MP John Cruddas, sweeping into number 195. He said: “I find the whole thing pretty embarrassing. But if pressed I suppose 195 is better than 595. I haven’t seen the website and don’t think I will do either. Someone once said politics is showbiz for ugly people...maybe they were right!”
Hot on his tail is Romford MP Andrew Rosindell at a respectable number 208.
Mr Rosindell said he hadn’t seen the website but admitted: “In a modern world all these factors do count in how people view you. Although I’d hate to think it was a deciding factor.”
He admitted that he was particularly popular with young mums who have told him ‘how can we not vote for you with a smile like that?’
Last of the group was Hornchurch and Upminster MP Angela Watkinson, sitting not-so-pretty at number 327. She refused to comment.